The Staff and Governors of Jessie Younghusband School believe that children learn best when all participants in their education work as partners. Therefore they believe that the School Aims apply to all governors of the school, staff at the school and all families who are part of the school.
The staff and governors of the Jessie Younghusband School believe that the school should:
- Provide a happy and safe environment where everyone is valued and respected
- Seek to achieve good relationships with all those involved in the school through mutual support and open and honest communication
- Encourage everyone to aim high and try to achieve their full potential, whether in academic work, artistic work, sport or play
- Collectively create a stimulating environment which fosters excitement and enthusiasm for learning
- Develop a sense of identity within the school community
- Encourage active participation and involvement in our local community and appreciation of our place in the wider world.
- We want our school to be like one big family and to be kind and caring towards each other.
- The rules in our school are important to keep everyone safe and everyone should try to obey them.
- In our school we want good standards of work and we want to learn and to co-operate.
- Everyone in our school must feel comfortable, needed, welcome and important.
- We want everyone to be polite, respectful and courteous to each other in our school.