The Eco Team asked each class what they felt should be in our school's Eco Code. The team then put the ideas together and wrote our school's Eco Code:
The JYS Eco Code - September 2016
We will respect and take care of all living things in our school grounds - humans, animals and plants.
We will ‘take a minute before we bin it’ by:
- reusing and recycling as much as we can;
- putting fruit and vegetable waste in the compost bins.
We will create a clean and tidy school by:
- always putting rubbish in the litter bins.
We will save water and energy by:
- turning off lights and taps when they’re not needed;
- closing doors and windows to keep the heat in during cold times.
We will keep healthy by:
- walking or cycling to school as much as possible;
- exercising regularly;
- being healthy in our food choices and drinking plenty of water;
- growing our own fruit and vegetables.
Let’s work together to respect today for a better tomorrow!
Three student teachers from Chichester University are working to make a real difference to our pond and wildlife areas.
So far, they have dug new beds for butterfly friendly plants; cleared the pond area of weeds so that plants can grow and we can explore; made chalkboards for us to record what wildlife we see.
They have other exciting things planned to help us make the most of our lovely grounds – keep an eye out!