Three student teachers from Chichester University are working to make a real difference to our pond and wildlife areas.
So far, they have dug new beds for butterfly friendly plants; cleared the pond area of weeds so that plants can grow and we can explore; made chalkboards for us to record what wildlife we see.
They have other exciting things planned to help us make the most of our lovely grounds – keep an eye out!
The Eco Team asked each class what they felt should be in our school's Eco Code. The team then put the ideas together and wrote our school's Eco Code:
The JYS Eco Code - September 2016
We will respect and take care of all living things in our school grounds - humans, animals and plants.
We will ‘take a minute before we bin it’ by:
- reusing and recycling as much as we can;
- putting fruit and vegetable waste in the compost bins.
We will create a clean and tidy school by:
- always putting rubbish in the litter bins.
We will save water and energy by:
- turning off lights and taps when they’re not needed;
- closing doors and windows to keep the heat in during cold times.
We will keep healthy by:
- walking or cycling to school as much as possible;
- exercising regularly;
- being healthy in our food choices and drinking plenty of water;
- growing our own fruit and vegetables.
Let’s work together to respect today for a better tomorrow!