We are a group of parent/carer volunteers who are involved in creating fun events to raise funds for our school.
We connect closely to the teachers to ensure that we can help raise money for individual class needs as well as funds that are immediately put to good use within the whole school.
With cost rising, as with every household, school budgets are becoming tighter and tighter - without your support the things listed below would not have been possible.
Over the past 2 years, the Friends has raised:
- £1600 (£8 per child) towards Lion King performance (Disney performance pack, external drama and singing lessons, wireless microphones etc)
- £250 for 250 enamel Jubilee pins
- £150 Year R Build a Bear Workshop
- £500 towards new classroom furniture
- £150 gardening equipment for the school allotment
- £4500 (£21 per child) donation toward Trim Trail
- £1500 (£7.10 per child) donation for library books
- £500 donated for Sports Equipment
- 2 tennis nets
- Super long skipping ropes for multiple jumpers
- Hula Hoops
- Mega Playtime Kit
- £100 donation to each classroom
We have put on the following events:
- ‘Big Book Swap’ where Parents donated 472 new books for our school library, and each child was able to take a book home
- Christmas performance by actors for the whole school
- Father Christmas visiting each classroom with presents for each child
- Cracker for each child for school Christmas lunch
- Advent Window Trail around local area
- Reverse Advent Calendar collecting for Chichester Food Bank
- Easter Raffle and Easter Egg Hunt with chocolate egg for each child
- School Disco
- Magic Show for each class
- Cake and Ice Cream Sales
- Sunflower Competition
- Pre-Loved Uniform Sales and Christmas Jumper Swap
- Collection of activity books, pens and pencils for use within Lunchtime Calm Activities
- MacMillan Cancer Support Cake Sale
- Evening Quiz Night for Parents/Carers
We are always looking for more volunteers to help – even a small amount of time at one event makes a huge difference!
If you feel you could give time to help JYS Friends organise events, please contact:
Annabel McLaren-Clark (Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jess Rides (Treasurer) email@example.com
We also have a Facebook page: facebook.com/groups/JYSFriends/
Stickins Name Labels
If you are a parent who uses stciky name labels in an effort to have your child's lost things returned to them (and as a school we thank you for doing this!), then there are various companies that you can use to order stickers. If you order from Stickins:
and use the code 10648, then the school gets a commission as a result of your order.
This means you can donate funds to The JYS Friends by just doing your shopping, with absolutely no additional cost to you!
Please see a very simple how to on how to set this up (it only takes 2 minutes!):
Our Charity Number is: 292933
Be sure to get us set up before you start your Christmas Shopping! Every penny we earn goes straight back to our children and the wonderful experiences and equipment we are able to provide!
Many Thanks from your Friends Committee
The Friends of Jessie Younghusband School
The Friends of Jessie Younghusband School is a very active and supportive association in which all parents and carers are encouraged to take part. They raise significant amounts of money used to enrich the life and learning of the school.
Funds have recently been raised to support the development of the outside area for the Reception class and to purchase a new cooker and playtime games equipment. The Friends also run activities for the benefit and enjoyment of adults and children, including quiz nights, discos and fairs.
The Friends is an invaluable part of the school community and they welcome the help and support of all in a variety of ways, including:
- Becoming a committee member;
- Supporting and attending Friends events;
- Volunteering to help at events.
The school office can give further information about the Friends Association, or put you in touch with one of the class representatives who work closely alongside the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher to plan and organise events.